How to make pumpkin sponge cake
Pumpkin sponge cake is one of those simple desserts that everyone will always like. It is ideal to accompany it with a cup of chocolate or a hot tea during the snack.
Like almost all pumpkin-based recipes, it is tremendously delicious. I have prepared it several times and it has never survived more than 3 days.
This pumpkin recipe is very popular in halloween, a celebration that has gradually spread in several countries of the world and has as protagonist this delicious food.
Its sweet flavor makes this cake one of the favorites of children.
Pumpkin sponge cake recipe
The ingredients you need are:
- Half a kilo of pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of oil (you can use butter too)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (baking powder)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- The first thing is to cut the pumpkin into medium pieces and place it on a tray in the oven at 170 ° C until it becomes soft (approximately 1 hour). Once ready, you remove the skin, make a puree and let it cool for a while.
- Then you proceed to mix the ingredients in a blender: the eggs first, then the oil, the sugar, the puree pumpkin, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, cloves, salt and pepper. Allow a couple of minutes to mix well and pour all the contents into a cake mold previously greased and floured.
- You place the mixture in the oven preheated to 170 ° C for 40 minutes.
- Once this time has passed, the pumpkin cake should be ready. Let it cool and enjoy it.
Care , many ovens are treacherous. You must be aware that the cake does not burn or that it is not semi-raw when it is removed. In fact it happened to me with this one of the photos, it was done faster than I calculated, but all right, it was in the kitchen pending.
Variants of this recipe
With small changes to the ingredients of this recipe you can make other very delicious cakes:
Pumpkin and walnut cake: Very easy. Add 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts to the mixture just before putting it in the oven.
Pumpkin and chocolate cake: In this case you will do the same as with the nuts as I explained above, but with chocolate nuggets. Put them in the mixture, stir a little so they disperse well, and put everything in the baking pan.
Pumpkin and carrot cake: For this recipe you will substitute one part of the pumpkin, approximately 200 grams, per carrot. Then it will be 300 grams of pumpkin and 200 grams of carrot. Peel the skin of the carrots, pikes all in medium pieces and bake until soft. Then follow the other steps of the normal recipe.
Pumpkin and coconut cake: This recipe is the one I like the most. Instead of 500 grams of pumpkin, you will use 400 grams and 100 grams of grated coconut. Cook the pumpkin in the oven as explained in the recipe and when you mix all the ingredients, you throw the grated coconut.